P: Painted Pianos

As part of the Art in Public Places program in Fort Collins, painted pianos are placed around the downtown area. Playing by any passionate performers, pensive passers-by, or pedestrian plunkers is permitted. The lack of pecuniary payment to do so probably pleases even the most persistent pessimist or parsimonius penny-pincher.

Ok, I'll stop now.


The pianos are repainted by different muralists every couple of weeks between May and October. I'm one of those people who gave up piano lessons at an early age. Now, of course, I wish I would have stuck with it. Then I could entertain perfect strangers the way this guy in the orange hat entertained me.


Comments

Janna said…
That looks like so much fun!
Tracy Moore said…
These pianos are so cool! The first one is my favorite though. :)
A.D. Duling said…
I loed your piano post and had to add it to my A.D.'s FAV 5 of the A to Z Challenge today. http://adduling.wordpress.com/

have a wonderful day!
A.D.
betty said…
Visiting from A/Z. How cute with the pianos! And how neat people can play them too! Are they only kept out during the nice months of the year?

betty
Unknown said…
I can't play the piano, but I think I could paint one. Perhaps the one in my living room could be a piano that no one plays but everyone paints.

Lucy
JamieBMusings said…
Fellow challenger dropping by. Thank you for posting this, these pictures are great. I wish I had the talent to do either!
Susan Kane said…
I don't know if I could bring myself to paint over the wood, but those are amazingly cool.
Joanna said…
What a cool idea! What happens to the pianos when it rains though? Or maybe it doesn't rain in Fort Collins.

Popular Posts