Friday, April 6, 2012

F: Foxen

Fort Collins has plenty of these foxes (or, as my friend Jeremy calls them, foxen):


I live in town, but I've seen foxes in my neighborhood many, many times, which I love. I'm sure it helps that I don't have a wandering cat or snack-sized dog to worry about. (That's a free image, by the way, not my picture.)

But we also have the Fort Collins Foxes, of the Mountain Collegiate Baseball League. It's a wood-bat league for collegiate players who come here to live with host families and play ball during the summer. The players also participate in kids' clinics, which, as I have seen firsthand, is a great experience for the kids.

But the best part is taking the family out to a local park to watch baseball on a summer night. (Photo credit: Fort Collins Foxes)




















On an unrelated "F" note, my forsythia bush was really pretty this year:

4 comments:

lizy-expat-writer said...

Not being American I don't follow baseball, but the forsythia looks wonderful.

pensive pumpkin said...

love that the fox has a baseball in his mouth.

come back soon! i promise i post alan rickman photos all the time. *swoon*

Patricia Stoltey said...

I love seeing the foxes in town as well. Did you see the photo I took of the fox balanced on my fence?

The Armchair Squid said...

Apparently foxes are on the increase in Vermont where we live. We saw one last winter traipsing through deep snow - very pretty.