In 1956, the Fort Collins Chamber of Commerce and Fort Collins Industrial Fund, Inc., put out a brochure entitled Fortunate Fort Collins to help attract business to the area. Five random facts from that brochure:
1. The average age of Larimer County residents (per 1950 census) was 29.1 years;
2. There were 1,521 farms in Larimer County averaging 478 acres (per the 1954 agricultural census);
3. Those farms included approximately 70,000 cattle; 5,000 hogs; 2,000 horses and mules; 151,000 sheep, and 102,000 poultry.
4. Fort Collins had one high school, one junior high school, and a total public school enrollment of 4,206 students; and
5. With a population of 24,000, Fort Collins was the smallest community in the nation with its own symphony orchestra.
Where was I?
It's the south-west corner of a busy intersection.
It has this circular boardwalk, a few lonely-looking sculptures, and a great view of the A.